Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
When I was little, as in yesterday, I would close my eyes, spin the globe, and point out the place I was going to go right that very second.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Humphhhh. Jess girl is probably glad that I've finished the season, that I have nothing to stay up to watch late at night (except for How I Met Your Mother), and that Chuck got shot.
Shame on you, Jess. Shame.)
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
“Oh no,” she assured him hastily. “No, I’m not really - I’m just a - I’m just a whole lot of different simple people.’””
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender Is the Night
F. Scott Fitzgerald has been hiding in the folder labeled 'babes' for too long now.
Indeed, his babe-hood is rightly deserved.
I love him for his mind...
AND his ability to rock a middle part.
"Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole lot of people trying to be one person.” "I'm a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won't." "All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."
(F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald - photo via Lost Splendor)
Monday, June 21, 2010
me: how is your job coming along?
Sent at 12:42 PM on Monday
me: quit. it's invigorating
Nate: i love quitting
i quit every chance i get
Sent at 12:47 PM on Monday
me: so everyday?
Nate: i wish
me: QUIT TODAY AND COME RIDE BIKES
Sent at 12:52 PM on Monday
Nate: how about i quit tomorrow
i don't work Mondays
Sent at 12:53 PM on Monday
me: Ok. You need to do this as dramatically as possible.
Nate: uh, just like everything i do
me: my plan on leaving tonight is this: I'm going to push over a table, light it on fire, grab the bartender by the lapels and kiss him on the mouth, flip off all the waiters, steal the bus-boy's long board and sail into the sunset.
You can copy this pattern and adapt it to your needs/workplace.
me: I just decided that i might just turn this conversation into
a blog, so you need to be wittier right now.
me: perfect. keep that up
me: You're really really good at this
Sent at 1:07 PM on Monday
Friday, June 18, 2010
3 of the last things that have inspired you
1. Gustav Klimt's colors and shapes.
2. Living in the crow's nest of a bunkbed.
3. Photos of long haired girls, or of gestures and hands in natural light.
3 things on your walls
1. Beaux's Grandpa hats. Feathers and plaid.
2. Does the fridge count? If so - a Max-dog, shaped with a hundred small square magnets of classic paintings. I made the first version, while Jessica made the second (I like the second version of Max better).
3. Rose hooks in black, white, and turquoise for my collection of long necklaces.
3 things that you never get sick of
1. Monkey Island for my iPhone
2. Swimming underwater while the light streams in.
3. Goat Cheese and Pears in salads
3 artists who have influenced your development
1. Pascal Magnin
2. Zvi Gotheiner
3. Maya Deren 3 blogs that you follow
1. My Ear-Trumpet Has Been Struck By Lightning
2. My Vintage Heart
3. F*Yeah Steampunk Fashion
1. Final Fantasy - Remix of Star's 'Your Ex-Lover Is Dead'
3. Judy Garland - Get Happy
1.Marked by inventive skill and imagination.
2.Having or arising from an inventive or cunning mind; clever: an ingenious scheme. See synonyms at clever.
3.Obsolete. Having genius; brilliant.
Right on AT&T.
(Dear Aunt Sally,
This was the best forward ever.