Friday, July 30, 2010
Do you remember this day?
Dancing and twirling in the arbor.
Getting over boys.
Tiny Eiffle Towers.
Getting texts from said boys and restarting everything.
You girls are the best friends a girl could ask for.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Chris drew the most beautiful feather on my fore-arm (ahem... maybe during church... ADHD IS AWESOME).
"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction and speculative fiction, that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes fictional works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used — usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era Britain — but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, often featuring futuristic technology as the people of this historical period would have envisioned it to look like, i.e. based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include fictional machines like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer, but occurring at an earlier date."
Without further ado, I give you :
(photos via F-Yeah Steampunk Fashion, Steampunk'd, and My Ear Trumpet)
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- American Gods, Neil Gaiman
- Have a birthday. Because I can.
- Finish all my library books so that I can get NEW library books.
- Sort through clothes so that I have something to offer up to the pillaging goddesses of Kate/friends who thrift from friends (usually me, but I'll start this trend in my group, mark my words)/small African children. They will wear my out-dated shabby-chic cast off's with glee. GLEE, I TELL YOU.
- Be on time for... everything. Or just some things.
- Start a blog featuring photos wars of homeless people vs hipsters. Then the readers have to guess which is which (Ok. I'm probably not really going to do this... I just think it would be funny for about 3 days, then I would get bored and go back to googling photos of Joseph Gordon-Levitt).
- Swim more. I miss the water. WHICH MEANS that I finally need to pick up a sport-swim suit, as I have worn out all my old suits, and am loathe to start wearing out my beautiful new pin-up one just for the sake of exercise.
- Go visit Pearl's kittens. Because I WANT TO BE AROUND KITTENS. KITTENS INSPIRED BY KITTENS...YAHHHHHHHHHH. I love kittens. What?
- Start to learn more French. Maybe. I need to be able to have super-uber-mega cryptic conversations with KJ if we end up living in the same houes. Go Francophiles!
- Get appointments for any and all doctor type situations. I am due to loose my insurance at the end of August. Gulp.
- Start watching "Party Down".
- Work on ALL THE PROJECTS. I need shot through the sturnum of pure unadulterated motivation. I bet that tastes like ground-up smarties.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Day 06 - Favorite super hero and why: I have been pretending that I'm Kitty Pryde (aka Shadowcat) since I fell in love with the X-Men comics in middle school (I had few friends cool enough to mix my brother's trading cards with barbies, so sue me).
Let me sum up the overall awesomeness of Shadowcat in bullet point form:
- "A mutant, Pryde possesses a "phasing" ability that allows her and objects or people with which she is in contact to become intangible. This power also disrupts any electrical field she passes through, and lets her simulate levitation." -Wiki
MEANING: Girl can walk through walls and FLY? What? Did you just say awesome? Yeah, I thought so.
- Kitty gets to mack on Peter Parker for a time. I'm pretty sure that I'm A-OK with this (more than/extremely/did someone say upside down kisses in the rain?) as I have had a crush on Spiderman since... forever. I think I was born with a crush on that man, which explains why I named my car and my 1st parakeet Peter.
- She has a pet dragon, Lockheed. Ok, alien-that-resembles-a-dragon. Whatever.
- Ellen Page (who I adore) plays Shadowcat in the last X-Men movie (which I loathed). I had forgotten all about her in that horrible excuse for a comicbook movie, but after having my new favorite movies star Page (Whip It, Inception) smack me in the forehead, echoing the word "duhhhh" against my skull, I remembered. Ohhhh how I love her.
- You should try looking this good while getting lasers shot through you. But really don't, because YOU'LL DIE. But not, Kitty. Kitty is hardcore (remember that one time she was a ninja-assasin? Isn't this every little girl's dream?).
- Kitty is a babe. I want to be her when I grow up. I want to be her now so I can walk through these stupid office walls and out into the sun. Or I'll just use the doors, but where's the fun in that?