Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Inspiration for the burnt out dancer.

Other than the hiccup of awesome that was my thesis piece (because IT IS AWESOME), I've been burnt out for a while. I am so gad that my friend Kayte emailed me a link to this amazing video, this dance for camera... Valtari. It takes the haunting melodic strains from one of my favorite bands, Sigur Ros, combines it with a sensual love story, and the beauty of modern dance... more specifically a piece, that seems to have possibly been created using contact improvisation, which is something that I really love to do, but never get a chance to really go for it.

I am just excited to dance again. And soon. I can't believe I'm saying this, but can school start again soon?

This piece was choreographed by Sibi Larbi Cherkaoui, and the film was written and directed by Christian Larson.
Watch Valtari at Nowness.com.
 
Sigur Rós: Valtari on Nowness.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment