1. One Ticket Stub from the blockbuster hit Step Up 2: The Streets from 04/18/08 @9:30 PM. (Special thanks to Adam and Ryan for the dance party of a lifetime.)
2. Scraps of old notes from my ex-job, the birthplace of bad sarcasm: "I generally like people." "WAIT. You DIDN'T read my MIND???" "I have nothing to reach for. I have reached an editing nirvana. A spiritual plateau . . . if you will . . ."
3. One Mode Boutique business card. RIP. Where am I supposed to buy Cheap Monday's now?
4. Three notes, slipped under my Provo room's door, from either the last time I didn't pay my phone bill or that last time I threw a phone and shattered it. Temper temper: "Claire, Girl. Gonna freak. I'm about to go play Sean (hottie from last night). But . . . If you come home &
read this, find me and let's go out and stuff (insert phone #). Jessica" "Claire Valene! I miss you. I hope you are well. I would like to see you soon. Loves, Katie B." And on a more scandalous note: Claire- Come over, I'm home. Heart, Jess *I'll be waiting naked in my bed for you. Heart." Whooooooaaaa. My friends be craaaaay-jeeeee (Special thanks to Ashleigh Brummy for the loose adaption of the word crazy).
5. One hugely dorky black and white photo/flyer raffling off a date with a BYU Helamen Halls RA circa 2003. "Jacob Condie = Cobb = front desk employee = hot! For Sale! BUY NOW WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD! 25 cents per ticket come to Erica 3201 or Rae's 2201 room. Raffle will end Sunday tentatively at 6:15 in the lobby."
So many grammatical errors. So little time. And NO this was the one RA I didn't make out with, but thanks CHRIS (Though this guy did give me a Texas belt buckle. It gave me a sound appreciation for the smell of metal).
6. One note passed between One Claire Bagley and One Preston Smith in Biology circa 2004: Preston: Hey what's up next chair over? Wow, isn't this class exciting? WOAH
Claire: Fungi are multi cellular organisms. They disperse spores.
Preston: I know! Holy yes, I can't believe we sometimes eat it. How bizarre? I agree with the nasty look of that yellow thing.
Claire: It will one day try to take over the world, I just know it. Oh . . . of course it will start with an attack on Hong Kong, just like every other monster. Yep.
Preston: I think the Loch Ness monster's in Scotland. Hong Kong just has SARS.
Claire: That's true. Were you there for all of that craziness?
Preston: Oh- I was in the midst. I must admit that it was thrilling beyond compare. Walking outside, to see leaves and fungi, only to be inhibited by the crazy thought of SARS.
*outside of note: Preston Smith to my best fan CLAIRE
7. One MLS All-Stars vs Everton FC ticket stub. Yes folks, I went the the All-Star game. I am a fan. A FAN.
8. Revealing old transcribed texts
November 24 200?
1:30:46 am Hey Claire.
1:40:16 am What can I say? I'm a laugh a minute. Feet still cold?
1:56:58 am Ok. I'll bring a blanket & we can cuddle under it. That sounds nice. You down?
2:05:02 am I'm on the first thing smoking.
10:46:19 am From my end, yes. I think about that every time I talk to you. I hope you visit NY.
9. One old concert flyer for a Velour show January 26, 8 pm. The bands: The Disconnect is Gorgeous (their ep release show... apparently), The Eden Express (what happened to those guys???), The Weak Men, and St. Sebastian's School for Wicked Girls (I thought you hated long band names, you little liar).
10. One ticket stub from the worst movie ever: Stick It. 07/20/2006, 9:45 pm
NAOMI REID, do you remember this adventure in gymnastics? I'm pretty sure we died five times and then threw up confetti. THAT'S HOW GREAT THIS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MOVIE WAS. Didn't I make some random younger gentlemen accompany us? Something???
11. One note passed to me during the National Conference of Undergraduate Research (NO, ANDY. This one wasn't from you.) To: The girl next to me. From: Someone other than the girl next to you. Dear Claire- You are pretty. I like your new dress. Sailors like you a lot. Let's dance, Not Danica/Your secret admirer
12. One picture of a dinosaur fish named "The Valene Fish named . . . CLAIRE", drawn during a breakfast at Coach house. The evidence is in the syrup stains. Thanks, Canon H.
13. One loose leaf with ideas about the world:
"Finding adhesion where you least expect it."
"They can't quantify this thing we call love."
"Easy as living in the sun & going out for hot dogs."
"I kind of like being adored."
"Aren't we all just damaged goods."