Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm retiring my old notebook. These are the remnants . . .


"Some people have to become completely different in order to cut off from where they've been." -Kim Strunk


Don't worry.


I have the most remarkable sense of deja-vu. Is it because I'm seeing ghosts from 2003? Maybe it's my habit of idly looking for your face in a large crowd, fully knowing that you'll never be there. I'm lucky that leagues separate all the parties, rallys, concerts, and social gatherings that we are simultaneously attending. Living in the now becomes difficult in days like today (7-22-07).


"Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want.
It's what you demonstrate no matter what you get.
No matter how long.
No matter how hard."



Claire to Denise through note writing at church:
Denise, would you rather jump on my trampoline or climb on the jungle-gym that Bonnie built yesterday? (answer: Jungle-Gym, and a neatly drawn picture of the event drawn through the medium of stick figures)


October 28, 2007 Things that I love:
  • The modern dancing done in Across The Universe (that is, indeed, modern dance)
  • How no one figured out who I was for Halloween.
  • Knowing that He made me, and He doesn't make mistakes.
  • That boy who looks like Ferris Bueller.
  • Cutting out the good comics from the newspaper.
  • Excited and eloquent people with lisps.
  • Attention. That's right. I like attention.

"I thought that the most pronounced difference between hipsters and rest of us was their confusing deployment of irony." -Holly Shumas


"To ease another's heartache is to lose one's own."


Mere: 4 hand shake, 2, 2 ,1 , "Brush", 1 freak out, slouch, 1 hand shake, look,

The Cure For the Common Cold (as dictated to Claire by Jake Rogers):
  1. Get 10+ hours of sleep.
  2. Drink a lot of fluids (h20, fresh citrus boost 2-3 times a day).
  3. Eat a lot of food of better quality and quantity.
  4. Herbal and vitamin cocktail: "Immune Boost" or "Immune Power (something something)"- gel tablets or hard caplets, 9 pills with each meal (needs echinacha and golden seal).
  5. One clove of garlic a day.
  6. Hot/Cold therapy: alternate the temperature in the shower to the extremes (it'll make you want to throw up).

"What's the point in dreaming if you're already in the place you want to be the most?"
"Can you get beyond perfection? I'd PUT DOWN MY CAMERA because it would be sacred. Such a perfect memory would be able to be justified in a picture." -T.B. (6-30-07)

1 comment: