Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bolex 16mm

Last semester I took a cinematography class and learned how to film on a Bolex 16mm camera, as part of the requirements for the Screen Dance certification. I really enjoyed learning to film movies on actual film, as well as learning to edit linearly with razors and tape. I worked on the same station ET was edited on... or so the film department legend goes.

My film is due at the end of this month... so cross your fingers that I kick my butt into gear and get it finished up. I also have a couple rolls of film that I need to digitize and show off. I'll tie a bow around my finger.

I love/d the vintage look to the Bolex, don't you? Old cameras look so industrial, like they mean business (did someone say steam punk?). Here's a few of my favorite pics from the camera photo shoot that I help in my living room in the middle of the night. I love me some insomnia. 




 This last photo is not my favorite, but it really shows the details of the camera.
Pretty cool, hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment