Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Loose Leaf Paper: Lost and Found



I recently posted a bunch of photos on my facebook of a bunch loose papers I had been storing in my keepsake box. Some of them just need a little recognition before I toss them to the wind, and lessen my pack rat-i-ness. My relics and back of drawer findings.

  • One Ticket Stub from the State Wrestling Competition, where the origins of "GO RITCHIE, GET BETTER FASTER" originated.
  • One Headless Paper Doll, named Prince
  • One House Comp Ticket to the Off Broadway Theater
  • 'Last Things': (I'm not going to write out the whole poem here, as it is traumatic and angst-y times fifty) "Last kiss. Last night... (You get the picture. Ten more lines of that nonsense, but then comes the last line that ...) Last time I was held, lasting lasting lasting... crazy girl. Map on."
  • Unarmed Stage Combat Choreography Worksheet
  • One planner page with the words barely erased "Claire loves Steve"
  • Old planner pages, from 2001 - when I was a senior in High School, with dates filled in with descriptions like "My Birthday!! Yippee Yahoo", "Wam Bam Summer Jam- The Day I met the man I'm going to marry! (Corby)", "Super Fan Club Meeting", "Musical Tryouts", "I MADE THE MUSICAL! YAHOO!", "Bingham Ball", "NSYNC Concert", and my favorites: "In Celebration of Mere's mother's birthday, I'm going to chalk my crush's home, if I have one" and "Prom, expect to cry softly into your pillow while watching 'City of Angels'
  • Written out, the lyrics to "Someone To Watch Over Me"
  • "CONGRATULATIONS!!! Clair Bagley, you have been chosen to participate in the mud fight at Spirit Bowl. There will be a mandatory run through Thursday after school. Friday you will be excused 1st and 2nd periods."
  • A name card made for me by my friend Halee when I moved into her Apartment.
  • A gap business card, which has written on the back, in sloppy pen ink, a schedule of when my friend CJ and I would take turns dating the hot RA Josh. Apparently I get him Tues, Thurs, and Sat and She gets every other day, other than Sundays, when we alternate visitation rights. Its all there, shamelessly in Black and White.
  • Anatomy Notes: Major Muscle Insertion and Origins (aka fibularis (peroneus) brevis: origin- lateral shaft of fibula, Insertion- 5th metatarsel tendon)
  • A note from my now dead friend Rowen, who used to write me the purposefully worst love notes like "Meet me behind the tree at midnight. So we can make sweet hot love all night long." Miss you, buddy.
  • My reunion contact sheet that was due in 2002. Oops. 
  • Goal List from 2003: Meet Some one: Intro Self, Sign Up for service project, Play the Princess Game when I'm bored, Don't annoy Jennifer and Hilary by calling them too often, never stay more than 20 minutes in room during waking hours, Apply to SUU or BYU ID 
  • A journal page ripped out of 2005 list of bands I like/d: The Cure, Brand New, Lola Ray, Weezer, Postal Service, Ben Folds (5), Jack Johnson, Death Cab for Cutie, Cursive, Jimmy Eat World, Dandy Warhols, ABBA, The Strokes, Bright Eyes, LAO, The Hives, A Badly Drawn Boy, Amity, Radiohead, Frou Frou, The Brobecks, MXPX, The Shins, Iron and Wine, Coheed and Cambria, Billy Idol, Taking Back Sunday (1st album), Madonna, Northstar, Mae, Hidden in Plain View, Dashboard Confessionals, Ani DiFranco, Julie Brown, Yo-yo Ma, Tori Amos, Nathaniel's Endevours, The Streets, Frank Sinatra, Seve vs Evan, Simon and Garfunkle, James Taylor, Drew Danberry, Motion City Soundtrack, IMA Robot, Days Like These (ha ha), New Found Glory (old school), Good Charlotte (old school), The Used (old school), Queen, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Jessica Something Jewish, Flogging Molly, Yellowcard, Something Corporate, Early November, Eisley, Bing Crosby, Armor For Sleep, LAMB, Cold Play, Dropkick Murphys, Shiny Toy Guns, Black Eyed Peas, Outcast, Polymorphic Spree, My Chemical Romance, The Police/Sting, Hot Hot Heat, Ben Kweller, Ella Fitzgerald
  • On the other side a page of doodles from the Spring of 2005, mostly of song lyrics, state capitals, and stick figures: "Excuse me too busy... you're writing your tragedy", "Moths not Hearts", "Cut up into stars and thrown upwards..."

No comments:

Post a Comment