Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 6: Kitty Pryde. Duh.

Day 06 - Favorite super hero and why: I have been pretending that I'm Kitty Pryde (aka Shadowcat) since I fell in love with the X-Men comics in middle school (I had few friends cool enough to mix my brother's trading cards with barbies, so sue me).


Let me sum up the overall awesomeness of Shadowcat in bullet point form:

  • "A mutant, Pryde possesses a "phasing" ability that allows her and objects or people with which she is in contact to become intangible. This power also disrupts any electrical field she passes through, and lets her simulate levitation." -Wiki

MEANING: Girl can walk through walls and FLY? What? Did you just say awesome? Yeah, I thought so.

  • Kitty gets to mack on Peter Parker for a time. I'm pretty sure that I'm A-OK with this (more than/extremely/did someone say upside down kisses in the rain?) as I have had a crush on Spiderman since... forever. I think I was born with a crush on that man, which explains why I named my car and my 1st parakeet Peter.

  • She has a pet dragon, Lockheed. Ok, alien-that-resembles-a-dragon. Whatever.
  • Ellen Page (who I adore) plays Shadowcat in the last X-Men movie (which I loathed). I had forgotten all about her in that horrible excuse for a comicbook movie, but after having my new favorite movies star Page (Whip It, Inception) smack me in the forehead, echoing the word "duhhhh" against my skull, I remembered. Ohhhh how I love her.
  • You should try looking this good while getting lasers shot through you. But really don't, because YOU'LL DIE. But not, Kitty. Kitty is hardcore (remember that one time she was a ninja-assasin? Isn't this every little girl's dream?).
  • Kitty is a babe. I want to be her when I grow up. I want to be her now so I can walk through these stupid office walls and out into the sun. Or I'll just use the doors, but where's the fun in that?

3 comments:

  1. Kitty Pryde is my favorite of X-Men, too!

    Have you read the Astonishing X-Men series? If you haven't, you should. It's centered around Kitty and Colossus. The writing is brilliant!

    I just got back to Comic-Con and blogged like crazy. I didn't know you were into comics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree that astonishing x men is awesome. I have the first 30ish issues if you want to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed here:
    >You should try looking this good while getting lasers shot through you. But really don't, because YOU'LL DIE.

    ReplyDelete